--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Fine. I'm sure knowing her in person is
> > differewnt than knowing her through her posts. I do
> > have one question, though. Why did she change her
> > name? An unusual move for someone of her age.
>
> Maybe she was told by Maharishis Yotish-teachers. I once
> went to an yotish-teacher, who set up a chart. He told me
> that I should use a name including LA. I have another
> forename also, that happens to include those letters. It
> it my mothers name, so I do not use it. I know some
> TM-Teachers that change their names because, according to
> yotish, missed some important letters.

Possible, but here's her explanation, from the
aforementioned Fairfield Community Kiosk group:

> > Sharalyn, are you going by Roses now?
>
> Dear Steven,
>
> Yes, since I got married, my name is now legally
> Rose Sharalyn Derise, which quickly went from
> "Rose S." Derise to Roses. I have always thought
> people who changed their names were inconsiderate
> because of the work others had to do in order to
> remember the new name. However, for me it has been
> a wonderful experience of shedding the past. I
> understand that in some Native American cultures
> individuals may change their name as much as seven
> times because (and don't we all experience this?)
> they are different at different stages of their lives.
>
> Namaste,
> Sharalyn

Out of curiosity I perused a few posts on FCK, and
even though I wasn't here when she posted at FFL,
I think I can posit a pretty accurate guess of
what she didn't like about the place. The "cover
story" would have been that it was "too negative,"
but the real story was that it wasn't All About Her
enough.

FCK lists a total of 50 members but a quick scan
shows that only a handful actually post. Its content
seems to consist of 1) announcemenets posted by SH/RD,
2) egorants posted by SH/RD, and 3) posts from the
six or seven active participants asking questions
about SH/RD. My guess from reading a few of them
is that the only reason Type 3 is allowed is that
those types of posts give her more opportunities
to talk about her self (Type 2).

In other words, after a few minutes of reading, I
got the distinct impression that Sharalyn/Roses'
problem may be that all these years she's been
seeing stuff from the TM movement that said that
the only important thing was the "ME" (Maharishi
Effect) and she misread that and believed that they
were telling her that the only important thing in
life was "me" (her).  :-)  :-)  :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: