wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Re: U.S. nixes 2000 pundits
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> > wrote:

> > letting
> > > in
> > when
> on
> > > the
> > > applicants
> few
> > > most
> > >

> > > If they are students and can prove support while they are here
> > > (which they certainly can) then it is definately discrimination
> and
> > > is unconsitutional and against the law.
> > >
> > > OffWorld
> > >

> > **************
> >
> > Here's the way the U.S. State Dept. and most American citizens
look
> > at it: fine, foreign students can come to school here in the U.S.,
> > but we don't want you to stay and take away jobs from Americans.
> >
> > And, in fact, many people admitted on visas, student
> > or otherwise, overstay them, and they comprise nearly half of the
> > illegal immigrants in the U.S.:
> >
> > http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5485917
> >
> > Who are the people who are most likely to overstay visas? Poor
> > people, with poor job prospects back in their home country, who
> will
> > want to stay in the U.S. after their visa expires. The pundits'
> > poverty is why they were denied entry -- it does not matter that
> they
> > would be supported while they are here on their visas, legally --
> the
> > question is, how many would stay in the U.S. after their visas
> > expire? Probably none, but that is not the point of view of State
> > Dept screeners, who have to deal with the fact that nearly half of
> > all illegal immigrants are visa holders who overstay in the U.S.
> > because there are economic
> > opportunites here not available in their home countries.>>
>

> So you advocate discrimination based on how much money a person
has?
> The 9/11 attackers had access to unlimited money while they were
> here. They were rich (in pocket). They were a real problem.
>
> Advocating discrimination against the poor anywhere, based purely
on
> the fact that they are poor, is advocating breaking the
constitution
> and the law. It will not stand in a country that calls itself
> America. Discrimination based on these purely prejudiced factors is
> un-American,  and unethical, ignorant, and illegal.
>
> They should be sued .
>
> OffWorld

**************

Dear envoy to the outworlds: there must be a lot of interference in
those near-earth orbits today...I advocate the pundits coming here --
what I am saying is why they are not coming, and that has nothing to
do with me.

U.S. policy is to not issue visas, visitor or student or whatever, to
poor people -- other industrialized countries do the same in order to
control immigration into their countries, which would otherwise see
millions, if not billions, of immigrants, like the 400 million people
in India who live on less than a dollar a day. Chinese peasants pay
$25K to get smuggled into the U.S. (which debt they work off at sub-
minimum wage for a decade in Chinese restaurants), which should tell
you the strength of the desire around the world that poor people have
to improve their circumstances by moving here.

The real solution to poverty lies only in unfolding the full
potential of the mind. There are no such things as "poor countries,"
but only countries whose people lie at low levels of consciousness
that does not allow them to live life at levels worthy of the
word "human" (actually, the USA is a pretty miserable place in many
ways, although the people for the most part have a sort of
superficial but unsustainable affluence).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: