Great topic to stretch my brain on. I understand your points better
now Shemp.   I had no idea the age of consent was so low.  16 year
olds seem like babies to me, so the thought of chatting them up seems
sick.  If the age difference law is true, that makes a difference legally.

I don't see Foley's behavior as having anything to do with gay rights.
 I don't think being for gay rights includes supporting toads like
Foley hitting on pages.  The gender doesn't matter.  One of the kids
from the transcript sounds straight, saying he just broke up with his
girlfriend.  That makes the conversation even more coercive in my
opinion. It was not a discussion between two gay people.  One was in a
powerful position, and the other was vulnerable to his abuse.  I don't
know any gay people who would support that.

Because he abused his power over these kids, Foley will fry.  I'll
bring the marshmallows.  I hear hot 16 year olds go for them!
 
(My political position is that I hate both parties equally)



--- In [email protected], "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "authfriend" <jstein@> 
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [email protected], "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@> 
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > So, tell me, who amongst you are FOR gay rights and support 
> Foley's 
> > > right to have consensual phone sex and consensual gay sex with 
> the 
> > > 17-year-old?
> > > 
> > > Com'n my fine feathered liberal friends...who's for it?
> > > 
> > > Judy?
> > 
> > Of course.
> > 
> > Doesn't mean I *approve*, necessarily, but there are
> > lots of things that are legal that I don't approve of,
> > and vice versa.
> > 
> > > Bhairitu?
> > > 
> > > Spare Egg?
> > > 
> > > Barry?
> > > 
> > > Your silence is deafening...
> > 
> > What are you talking about??  That question didn't even
> > come up until you asked it just now.
> >
> 
> Precisely.
> 
> Why did it take Shemp to ask the question...you caring, tolerant 
> liberals should have come up with the question -- and the answer -- 
> on your own.
>






To subscribe, send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or go to: 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/
and click 'Join This Group!' 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to