--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <msilver1951@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Space ripples discovery "changed everything" By Maggie Fox,
Health
> > and Science Correspondent
> > Tue Oct 3, 1:33 PM ET
> >

> > WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The discovery by John Mather and George
> Smoot
> > of "cosmic ripples," which won them the Nobel Prize in physics on
> > Tuesday, was lauded in 1992 by cosmologist Stephen Hawking
as "the
> > greatest discovery of the century, if not of all time."
> >

> ***************
>
> Fundamental physics is in a crisis state:
>
> http://www.nyas.org/publications/UpdateUnbound.asp?UpdateID=41
>
> and even supposedly confirmed physics like the cosmic background
> radiation findings are challenged: "A study of nearby galaxy
clusters
> has failed to detect distortions in the ancient microwave radiation
> many scientists have linked to the creation of our universe."
> http://tinyurl.com/gzcxy
>
> Stick with Vedic science...

Here is a description of the creation of the universe according to
Vedic Scienc:

http://www.suite101.com/lesson.cfm/18770/2120/5

Creation of the Universe
Every ancient mythology has given a special place to the creation of
the universe. This can be attributed to mankind's quest for its
roots, for the answer to the question – "how did it all begin?" And
it is no different in Hinduism.

The following description of creation is found in the "Matsya Purana"
or the scriptures revealed by Vishnu during his first incarnation,
that of The Fish. In the beginning there was nothing in the universe,
only darkness and the "brahman" or divine essence. The brahman being
without trait is not describable. When it was time for creation of
the universe the brahman dispelled the darkness and divided itself
into the three supreme gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Brahma and
brahman are different. Brahma is one of the three manifestations of
the brahman. Then water was created and out of the water came a huge
serpent with many heads known as "Seshnag". This serpent became the
resting-place for Vishnu. Since "nara" means water and "ayana" means
resting place in Sanskrit Vishnu is also known as Narayana.

Next from the waters came a golden egg that shone with the brilliance
of a thousand suns. Brahma, who is responsible for the creation,
ensconced himself in the egg and stayed in it for a thousand years.
Hence he is also known as "Hiranyagarbha" meaning "from golden womb".
During these thousand years he created the entire universe within the
egg. Then the egg broke into two and Brahma emerged from within. The
upper part of the eggshell was made the heaven and the lower part the
earth. The entire features of the universe then began to emerge from
the shell and take their ordained places. The sun was the first to
emerge and took his place in the heaven. (Some texts state that the
sun was born of Sage Kashyap and his wife Aditi with the rest of the
demi-gods somewhat later). The land forms, rivers, oceans, mountains
then followed.

Another and more popular version has Vishnu playing an initiating
role. This may be because Vishnu had gained prominence amongst the
three supreme gods. It goes as follows. In the beginning a vast dark
ocean washed upon the shores of nothingness and licked the edges of
night. Vishnu was asleep on Seshnag the serpent. At the time of
creation the vibrant sound of Om filled the void with energy. The
night had ended and Vishnu awoke. As the dawn began to break, from
Vishnu's navel grew a magnificent lotus flower. In the middle of the
blossom sat Brahma. Vishnu commanded Brahma to create the world.
Brahma split the lotus flower into three. He stretched one part into
the heavens. He made another part into the earth. With the third part
of the flower he created the skies. He filled the earth with
landforms and trees and plants and animals and birds and fish.

The Creation according to Hindu mythology is not an event that
happened once. Creation and Destruction follow each other without
beginning and without end. Some mythologies may have only creation
and then the universe continues indefinitely. Other mythologies may
begin with creation and end with destruction – there would be nothing
before creation and nothing after destruction.

Today even science is not certain how the universe began. Three
theories predominate. The Steady State theory says the universe was
always essentially as it is now and that is how it will always be.
The Big Bang theory says that the universe had a specific beginning.
There was nothing before that. Even time began with the birth of the
universe. The Oscillating Universe theory is one in which the
universe expands to a point, then contracts and collapses into a
singularity which then explodes into a new universe, repeating the
cycle. This has some similarity with the Hindu mythology model.

We see many cycles in nature. After every day there is a night and
after every night there is a day. The same applies to the movement of
tides and to seasons. The alignments of stars and planets follow a
cyclical pattern. Even the ice ages have occurred periodically. It
must have therefore been reasonable to assume that the universe also
follows a cyclic pattern.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: