Who is Gangaji...is he somehow connected to Amma?

>  Dear  Gangaji Foundation Community,
>     It  is possible that you have already heard about a
heartbreaking
> disclosure within our community. As the Executive Director and a
Board
> Member of the Gangaji and Leela Foundations it is essential  that
I share
> with you, in brief, what has happened and the response  that is
emerging.
>     On  Sunday, October 1, 2006, Eli Jaxon-Bear, founder of the
Leela
> Foundation and Leela School as well as Gangaji¹s husband and
partner,
> revealed to the entire Board of Directors that he breached  the
sanctity of
> the teacher/student relationship by initiating an  intimate
relationship
> with one of his students, who is also a  teacher in the Leela
School. This
> [...]
>     Eli  takes full responsibility for his actions and the harm he
has
> caused. In response, he is willingly stepping down from teaching
> immediately.
>     The  student is receiving qualified professional support. We
are
> heartbroken by the transgression she has suffered and her healing
is  of
> utmost importance to all.
>     Since  hearing this news, the Board of Directors has met
intensively
> coming  together in earnest, offering full support. The desire and
intention
> of the Board is to serve the healing of this community to the
best  of their
> ability, and to see what must be  seen.
>     In  this spirit, the Board accepted Eli¹s resignation from all
formal
> roles in the organization.
>     The  Board also determined that the Foundation will offer
professionally
> facilitated meetings, with Gangaji and Eli present, to support
healing in
> the larger community. These meetings will create a space  in which
questions
> can be asked and answered. There will be an  opportunity for
anyone to speak
> and express their feelings and  experience. We will announce by
email and on
> the website when and  where these meetings will take place.
>     Gangaji  and Eli will write a letter directly to the community
> addressing  their roles in this situation. These letters will be
sent out to
> our  email list as well as posted on the  website.
>     The  Board intends to create a Foundation code of ethics, or
similar
> document, to address the teacher and student relationship, as
well  as other
> pertinent issues.
>     The  deepest truths do not excuse or justify our failures and
betrayals
> as human beings. Gratefully though, without minimizing or
spiritualizing
> the damage done, love remains and sustains all. It is  only in
love that we
> can truly meet the pain that comes with being  human. Ever more
so, we can
> commit ourselves to the compassion that  love provides and to tell
the truth
> more clearly and honestly to  others and ourselves.
>     My  prayer is that all the hearts affected by this including
the
> student, the staff, the community, and Eli and Gangaji can heal
the  pain
> that is present and over time rebuild the broken trust. As
students, we can
> all come together as beginners, to expose the  betrayals and to
see the
> heartbreaking consequences of our actions.  We have the
opportunity to share
> our true feelings, experiences and  realizations, to meet our own
and
> others¹ pain and humanity, and to  offer and receive our apologies,
> condolences, and gratitude. In the  realization of our true silent
nature,
> we can gather with compassion  for all the harm we received and
all the harm
> we have caused, and  then see what comes from that meeting.
>     May  we all be blessed with courage and honesty. As always, I
look
> forward to meeting with you in satsang.
>     In  deepest gratitude and love,
>     Barbara  Denempont Executive Director
>     The  Board of Directors approved this letter. To write to the
Board
> please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your correspondence is  welcomed.
>

> The Gangaji Foundation
> 2245 Ashland  St.
> Ashland, OR 97520
>
> News from The Gangaji Foundation
> The shadow strikes the Gangaji world.
>
>       To no longer receive our emails, click to unsubscribe.

>             Dear Gangaji Foundation Community,
>

>             It is possible that you have already heard about a
heartbreaking disclosure within our community. As the Executive
Director and a Board Member of the Gangaji and Leela Foundations it
is essential that I share with you, in brief, what has happened and
the response that is emerging.

>             On Sunday, October 1, 2006, Eli Jaxon-Bear, founder of
the Leela Foundation and Leela School as well as Gangaji's husband
and partner, revealed to the entire Board of Directors that he
breached the sanctity of the teacher/student relationship by
initiating an intimate relationship with one of his students, who is
also a teacher in the Leela School. This relationship lasted for
three years.

>             Eli told Gangaji about the relationship in October
2005. At the student's request, neither Gangaji nor Eli disclosed
the relationship. Recently, Eli encouraged the student to disclose
the true nature of the relationship to people in our community.

>             What was initially seen as a matter between adults is
now recognized to be a betrayal of the teacher/student relationship
and an abuse of power. A trust with the larger community also has
been broken. This is an important revelation as real harm is being
experienced by the student and is being fully acknowledged. The
repercussions of this betrayal are reverberating in ways that were
never imagined, but are very painful.

>             Eli takes full responsibility for his actions and the
harm he has caused. In response, he is willingly stepping down from
teaching immediately.

>             The student is receiving qualified professional
support. We are heartbroken by the transgression she has suffered
and her healing is of utmost importance to all.

>             Since hearing this news, the Board of Directors has
met intensively coming together in earnest, offering full support.
The desire and intention of the Board is to serve the healing of
this community to the best of their ability, and to see what must be
seen.

>             In this spirit, the Board accepted Eli's resignation
from all formal roles in the organization.

>             The Board also determined that the Foundation will
offer professionally facilitated meetings, with Gangaji and Eli
present, to support healing in the larger community. These meetings
will create a space in which questions can be asked and answered.
There will be an opportunity for anyone to speak and express their
feelings and experience. We will announce by email and on the
website when and where these meetings will take place.

>             Gangaji and Eli will write a letter directly to the
community addressing their roles in this situation. These letters
will be sent out to our email list as well as posted on the website.

>             The Board intends to create a Foundation code of
ethics, or similar document, to address the teacher and student
relationship, as well as other pertinent issues.

>             The deepest truths do not excuse or justify our
failures and betrayals as human beings. Gratefully though, without
minimizing or spiritualizing the damage done, love remains and
sustains all. It is only in love that we can truly meet the pain
that comes with being human. Ever more so, we can commit ourselves
to the compassion that love provides and to tell the truth more
clearly and honestly to others and ourselves.

>             My prayer is that all the hearts affected by this
including the student, the staff, the community, and Eli and Gangaji
can heal the pain that is present and over time rebuild the broken
trust. As students, we can all come together as beginners, to expose
the betrayals and to see the heartbreaking consequences of our
actions. We have the opportunity to share our true feelings,
experiences and realizations, to meet our own and others' pain and
humanity, and to offer and receive our apologies, condolences, and
gratitude. In the realization of our true silent nature, we can
gather with compassion for all the harm we received and all the harm
we have caused, and then see what comes from that meeting.

>             May we all be blessed with courage and honesty. As
always, I look forward to meeting with you in satsang.

>             In deepest gratitude and love,
>

>             Barbara Denempont Executive Director
>

>             The Board of Directors approved this letter. To write
to the Board please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your correspondence
is welcomed.

>             Forward Email
>             [EMAIL PROTECTED]    /    www.gangaji.org
>

>             The Gangaji Foundation
>             2245 Ashland St.
>             Ashland, OR 97520
>

>             Subscribe
>
>             Unsubscribe
>

>             Forward email
>

>             This email was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>             Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy.

>             The Gangaji Foundation | 2245 Ashland St. | Ashland |
OR | 97520

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: