--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just curious Turq. Are your posts intended to inpsire and
> uplift Judy? Are your posts a reflection of grace and dignity?
> I ask you becuase in several nice posts you tried to inspire
> us to do the above.
>
> I guess its that stupid consistency thing -- where "A View" is
> "Any thought is good 'in the moment' but damn that thought if
> a day or two later 'I' get a different one that totally
> contracticts the 'great thoughts' of the prior day."
>
> Some people claim that is (towards) enlightenment. Some people
> say its signs of a petty, frivilous or unstable mind.

And some people obviously believe that people who
do not bow to the god of consistency are fair game
for a putdown. As someone wisely said, "Consistency
is the hobgoblin of small minds." I wish you lots
of fun with your favorite goblins this Halloween. :-)

BUT, to home in on your first paragraph, yes, some-
times my jibes *are* intended to present to Judy a
different way of seeing her self, in the hope that
someday she might be actually able to *see* her
self in a different way than the way she clings to.
It hasn't worked so far, but that's no excuse for
not trying. :-)

("Disturbing the peace" and bothering the other folks
here, on the other hand, *IS* a good excuse for not
trying, so I'll try not to do so as much in the future.)

The thing is, people just don't *respond* to posts
that cause them to see things a different way than
they're used to seeing them, *until they are ready
to do so*. IMO, it's the reason Rory stopped banging
his head against the wall here. He'd try to offer a
different way of seeing things to people, and they
would respond either by 1) using it as an opportunity
to slam him, or 2) by ignoring the new point of view
that he introduces and using it as a jumping-off point
for arguing incessantly about their old, tired point
of view. You vascillate between 1 and 2 IMO.

I understand his decision to lay low until people are
a little more ready and willing to consider different
concepts and points of view other than the ones they
have clung to for decades. Every so often I throw out
a "test post" to see whether anyone is willing to
discuss a point of view or model that is *completely*
different than the ones they are used to repeating
over and over and over, ad infinitum.

I made one of those posts yesterday. I did so because
someone who doesn't post here often made a few comments
on Gangaji that suggested to me that he was approaching
the mystery of his time with her in a rather limited
fashion, trying to squeeze the round peg of his exper-
iences with her into the square hole of hypnosis. From
my experience, I suggested another way of looking at
the same experiences, one that *is* (IMO) uplifting
and positive, and neither worshipful nor cynical.
No one replied, except for a passing mention from
Curtis, before diving back into his existing way of
looking at such phenomena. So it goes.

I do one of these "serious" posts every so often, just
to see whether anyone *will* reply, and we can have
some fun discussing something new. In recent months,
the only person who does with some regularity is Tom.
That may just indicate that we're both just crazies
who appreciate each others' brand of craziness, but
it's nice every so often to see that someone *notices*
that a slightly different paradigm has been introduced.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that you seem to
have this goal of getting me into a head-to-head with
you, and treating you as if you have a formidable
intellect that I should enjoy interacting with. But
from *my* point of view, usually all you do is blather
on about the same old same old, concepts that you've
thought about and argued about for decades. I rarely
see any indication that you are actually open to
different ways of seeing the same situations.

If I'm wrong about this, read message #118509 and
reply in good faith and I'll give you the head-to-
head discussion you are obviously so desperate for.
But PLEASE stop trying to goad me into the same old
tired discussions just because you're not tired of
them yet. Repetition may be the mother of retention
and all that, but dude, some of us out there are
not *interested* in retaining old, tired concepts
and discussing them endlessly. We're more interested
in finding new ones, even if they're only new to *us*,
and having fun with *different* ways of looking at
things.

Unc

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional