> <snip>
> Re "darshan":
>
> > Why I prefer my "recognition theory" is because it puts
> > the responsibility and the impetus for self realization
> > where it belongs, in the lap of the *seeker*, not the
> > teacher.
>
> "Did you ever consider the possibility that the
> reason [MMY] keeps himself aloof is that he has
> no darshan to give? The further away he keeps
> people, the longer it takes them to figure it
> out. The closer he keeps them (the skinboys,
> for example), the sooner they figure it out
> and beat feet."
>
> --Barry, post #118682

You must feel that there is an inconsistency here.
I don't. In that post, I was using the term "darshan"
because it was already being used in the thread, if
I remember correctly. The *subjective* experience
is the same whether one believes that the teacher is
"giving" "darshan" or whether one believes that the
effect one feels is due to recognition.

In either case, in my experience, Maharishi ain't
got what it takes. So the closer one works with him
over a long period of time, the sooner one might
figure that out. The further away one stays, the
longer one can believe in *either* darshan *or*
him being someone with whom one could benefit from
recognition.

I have no *problem* with inconsistency, as you
are the first to point out. But I wasn't being
inconsistent here. Try again. And if you can't
find an actual example, you can always call me
a phony again.  :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: