  Right, it was billed as removing WMD's, but certainly you didn't'
think we
> were going to leave Saddam Hussein in power since we had an official
policy of
> regime change or just leave the place without setting up a
democratic
> government  that would work with us.

Dix,

Let me ask you the same question Tim Russert asked Jim Talent R-
Missouri during a debate with his D- Challenger. "If you knew then,
what you know now about going to war in Iraq, would you still have
done it"  He answered "yes".  I sort of liked Talent, but I did lose
respect for him at this point.  Saddam obviously was not a threat.  I
utterly fail to see how any one is better off under the present
circumstances.  I believe the conservative posture of the US for over
200 years has been to remain somewhat isolationist in our foreign
policy, but to pursue our economic interests with more vigor.

lurk

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: