> > None of the dozens of
> > manuals I've ever written over a period of 30 years
> > are archived on Google, and if they were, my name is
> > not listed for any of them, no more than Judy's name
> > is listed for any of the books she's edited.
>
> Actually, my contributions to a book are often
> mentioned favorably in the acknowledgments.
>
> Are yours?

Just so you don't embarrass yourself about this
in the future, almost no software or hardware
company lists the names of the contributing
programmers or technical writers in its products.
Why? Because it's a "shopping list" for head-
hunters, who read the list, call the people whose
names are listed, and then try to lure them away
to other jobs.

I'm basically an anonymous hired gun, and am happy
to be one, because the pay is good.

> > Then again, maybe Judy is lying about being an editor.
> > I'd be willing to bet that she can't produce any info
> > on Google to prove otherwise...  :-)
>
> She could, but she won't.

Yeah, right.  :-)

<*> Your email settings: