--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "larry.potter"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a. Current PE is around 70, not sure how you got 40,

There are lots of P/E's depending on time frame.

You are using trailing 12 months (ttm), around 6.85.

That clearly is rear view mirror given Googles growth rate.

I used 06 calendar year estimate, 10.25 -- which is trailing 9 mo,
plus estimates for nexxt quarter. Which gives P/E of 48 based on
todays price. But given Google is up 60 points or so in the last few
days, I used a more concervative price -- since I think the current
rapic runup to 480 will correct a bit in the next week. So I said
"around 40".

Forward estimates can be a bettr gauge, IMO, than TTM, for a fast
growing company like google.

Anyway, there is no one correct number. One needs to know whats is
making up the one being used -- and apply it appropriately. I like ot
look at multiple numbers.

> b.  Forward PE is usably not reliable.
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GOOG
>

> Did TM-Sidhis made you a better investor/trader?

For many years, I plunked all my savings regularly in the market --
and was , part a fundamentals guy -- playing some stocks, part
"efficient-market hypothesis" guy, just putting money into indexes. In
retrospect, some things were "obvious" -- which may or may not have
been some insights from "the core". Hard to know.

Now, I primarily do short term trading -- based on technicals.
Emotional or analytical attachment to a postion are deadly. So to the
extent that TM/sidhis have made me able to totally disengage from any
attachement to position in one moment, and embrace the exact opposite
in the next -- essentially to be fully in the moment with aboslutely
no attachement to one minute ago --  then I suppose TM/sidhis have had
value for trading.

Also, a "prolonged" high clarity of mind -- keeping 10-20 things in my
mind similtaneously -- for a sustained 6-7 hours, plus the ability to
focus 200% for 6-7 hours straight -- not an easy chore --  but
valuable if not necessary -- I think are strengthened with some inner
practice.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: