jim_flanegin wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> jim_flanegin wrote:
>>
>>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

>>> Yep- There is no comparison at all. Oddly enough I find the
>>>
> apples
>
>>> from my tree stay firm and ripen slowly, and they are organic.
>>> Perhaps the trees sprayed with pesticides and stuff produce a
>>> different kind of apple?
>>>
>>> Judy, you may want to tell your sister that next year when all
>>>
> the
>
>>> little apples come out on the tree to thin them out, especially
>>>
> the
>
>>> clusters of two, three and four. Thin them down to one apple per
>>> branch site, and the apples will grow much larger.
>>>
>> Which *is* a lot of work and probably fine for someone who has no
>> hobbies or other interests.
>>

> lol! I think it took me a grand *total* of 45 minutes the three
> times I did it...I should've mentioned my tree is about 8 feet wide
> and 10 feet high.

That's about 40 minutes too long for me. :)

Of course my apples are green apples and really only good for making
pies.  When I get a good crop I give them away to relatives.   But they
don't give me any pies back, damn!

The neighbors across the street have a pear tree that goes to waste.
And I have a lemon tree that is very prolific and lemons are too sour
for me hence friends and relatives get big bags of them.

>  I didn't get many apples this year due to
>
>> the weird spring weather which messed up a lot of crops in the
>>
> area.
>
>> Commercial growers use a spray that thins and indeed apples as
>>
> well as
>
>> strawberries are one of the most heavily sprayed fruits.   Keeping
>>
> the
>
>> worms out of them is indeed another challenge.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: