> > > This is the point where someone is supposed to
> > > come running in to agree with the indisputable
> > > logic of sparaig's thinking, and make the point
> > > that he *isn't* displaying some pretty paranoid
> > > thinking, and that Barry was off the wall in
> > > suggesting that he was.
> >
> > I haven't crossed any line.
>
> Reread your second paragraph above. Do you not feel
> that you not being surprised "to learn that they are
> working diligently to sabotage MMY's projects, if at
> all possible" is a little over the line I specified
> below?

Nope. Swami Swaroopandana believes that MMY murdered his guru. Any action he
can
take to sabatoge such a person would be justified, even mandatory.

ColdBLueIce believes that MMY is hell-bound, IIRC, and that the pundits are
already
corrupt by their association with MMY. Any action he could take would be to
counter this
corruption.

> > > There is a fine line between feeling personally
> > > threatened by opinions that are contrary to yours
> > > and believing that those who hold those opinions
> > > are actually capable of plotting against you or
> > > the organization you identify with overmuch. It
> > > would seem that at least one person here has
> > > crossed that line. Time will tell whether there
> > > are two of them.
>
> You wouldn't be surprised to find them plotting
> against MMY, did I get that right?

Plotting? One need not "plot" to take action. If anyone in the Indian
government asked the
"official Shankaracharya of the North" what he thought of MMY and his
activities with his
pundits, how would he respond, do you think? Certainly, if any religious figure
in India was
to be consulted on the issue, it would be the legally-recognized Shankaracharya
of the
North, don't you agree?

> Doesn't that kinda equate to you believing them
> *capable* of plotting against him?

In Swami Swarropananda's case, he might well have had influence on the
decision-making.
If any religious figure in India was in a position to have such influence, it
would be him.

In ColdBlueIce's case, he's made it clear that he wants MMY to fail in every
way possible.
What opportunity he could have to facilitate this failure, I don't know, but he
has made it
clear that he believes that he has had the effect of disuading many people from
learning
TM over the years due to his posting on the internet and that he is quite happy
with this
outcome.

> I don't believe them capable of such a thing.
> I would imagine that Swaroopanand has better
> things to do with his time,

If Swami Swaroopananda were asked, in his capacity as Shankaracharya, what he
thought
of MMY's pundit project, what would be his response, do you think?

 and although it
> doesn't seem that Coldbluiceman does :-), I've
> never gotten the feeling that he'd go out of
> his way to "sabotage" any of Maharishi's
> projects.

If I recall correctly, he credits himself with dissuading many people from
learning TM due
to his posting on the internet. I have no idea how effective he has been, but
he appears to
believe that he has been. Certainly, he appears to believe it a worthy cause.

> Who, after all, would need to? The majority
> of them are self-sabotaging.

There is that, of course.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional