Curtis,
No, I did not get picked up in a limo at the airport. I was invited
(along with some other TMers) to his daughter's Indian dance recital -
- can't remember what it's called - kind of like a coming out dance
recital(?) - and I drove to his office the following day. It was '87.

Your description of the techniques I can no longer remember sounds
familiar, though.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ffia1120,
>
> Did they pick you up in a limo at the airport when you went to to
get
> your Chopra technique?  Nice touch.  That was really a funny move on
> MMY's part letting him teach techniques without a puja.  He did a
long
> induction first with my eyes closed, I remember that.  It was a mix
of
> techniques like a yardsale package.  Some A of E technique, a
nightime
> technique and a magic word for health.  After leaving the movement I
> felt it was particularly sketchy selling a magic word for your
health
> cloaked in the respectability of a doctor's office.  They say "don't
> tempt an honest man".  When Chopra saw us all lining up with our
fists
> full of dollars (I remember it had to be in cash) he must have
thought
> to himself, "Popa needs a new pair of shoes!"
>
> I think Chopra's story was a way of distancing himself from his
> association with MMY.  Making it seem like he got techniques from
the
> Shankaracharya was like padding his resume.  He blew his own cover
by
> being too specific about how he did the techniques.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ffia1120 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm.. I don't know what he was doing (besides practicing
medicine)
> > prior to joining MMY. Sounds though, like he is either lying or
has
> > his timeline messed up/confused. I met him before he got too
involved
> > with the TMO and he was a very honest, ethical person back then.
But
> > the TMO has been known to corrupt a person or two. ;-) (P.S. I
got a
> > technique in his Stoneham office back in '86 or '87, too. I
cannot
> > for the life of me remember what it was, though. Oh the wonders
of
> > the aging brain.)

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ffia1120 <no_reply@>

Boston
> > area
> > >
> > > So he was practicing a technique like the sidhis before he met
MMY?
> > > See my timeline problem with his story?  He was selling MMY's
Chopra
> > > technique by '87.

> > have
> > line