> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > sparaig wrote:

> > > At nearly 2x my optimal weight, I certainly think obesity is bad for me...
> > Must be too much time at the computer.  :)
> >
> > That being said I think our medical establishment has failed the
> > overweight in our society.  Just like this article says its one thing
> > one week and one thing another.   Most of the time I read the articles
> > from doctors and nutritionists who over simplify things and I bet they
> > are all vata types who don't have a clue what it is like to put on weight.
> >

> I used to be an extreme vata type myself. And I *DO* know how to lose weight.
> It's just a
> motivation issue for me.

well, it is more than just "motivation." When I was in my best physical shape,
I weighed
about 130 pounds. I was extremely skinny but could handle 4 hours of dance
classes in
the norning, followed by 3 hours of Kung Fu in the evening and a 5 mile run
home.

I now weigh 295 pounds. I just took a 15 minute walk, which exhausted me, but
given that
33 years ago, this was the equivalent of carrying my younger self on my back
while
wearing a 35 pound backpack, I guess I'm not THAT out of shape by comparison...

Just horrifically fat.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: