> > > Namaste Sir Lawson Ji..,
> > > i must politely inquire-, are you off your meds again?..
> > > and when did i *EVER* say yagya was-, "not traditional"??
> > >
> > > Stop making this stuff up!!..
> > > i am going stop posting to you if you don't
> > > get professional help.

> > > Pancha Mahayagya has a fivefold(hence Pancha)
> > > with desired personal
> > > results for all aspects of family life
> > > with regards to *PERSONAL*
> > > spiritual upliftment:
> > > 1. DEVOTION TOWARDS PARENTS
> > > 2. DEVOTION AND FAITHFULNESS TOWARDS THE HUSBAND
> > > 3. EQUALITY
> > > 4. RIGHT CONDUCT AND CHARACTER
> > > 5. ADORATION OF LORD VISHNU AND SINGING HYMNS IN HIS PRAISES
> > > http://urday.com/panch-2.html

> > > Sorry LawsonJi nothing with regards to "world peace"..,
> > > now please
> > > get screened by your professional
> > > mental health care provider..for
> > > your family's sake.
> > >

> > Heh. So mahayagya is  only for the individual? The term "pancha
> > mahayajnas" (mahayagyas) refers specifically
> > to individual daily rituals.
>
> Naamste Sir Lawson Ji..,
> i must politley remind you the term- "pancha" refers to count of 5
> items or things.
> For example the PanchaTanMantras-(subtle elements of matter)
> Sabda, Sparsa, Rupa, Rasa and Gandha.

Yes, and the term "pancha mahayajnas" or "pancha mahayagyas" refers
specifically to
rituals performed by individuals.

> i thought you said Annop Chandola schooled you in Sanskrit?

Who told you that?

> > However, mahayajna also refers to the great
> > rituals done by massive groups for many
> > different purposes. Had you done a google search
> > on mahayagya rather than "pancha
> > mahayagya" you would have noted this
> > immediately since there is only one hit for "pancha
> > mahayagya" with quotes: the one you gave us.
> > Talk about a transparent attempt to skew
> > the information to support your argument!
>
> i did not skew anything Sir Lawsonji.

Of course you did. Had you done a google search on "mahayagya" rather than
"pancha
mahayagya" you would have found numorous mentions to peace, world peace, and so
on,
and not just by TM-related websites. "pancha mahayagya" refers specifically to
rituals
performed by individuals. Generically, mahayagya or mahayajna refers to "great
yagyas"
performed by large groups, often for the purpose of influencing the environment
in
specific ways, like stopping a war.

> That being said..,lets go through your list to determine:
> 1). if any of this great info you posted has anything at all to do
> with the "tmo pundits"..and more importantly John Hagelin's
> *Anticipated Results* of the "tmo pundit project" in America..and

The only question is whether or not you're willing to admit that you make
mistakes. In
fact, it is obvious that you made a beg one and simply are unable to admit to
it.
Mahayagyas or mahayajnas generically refer to rituals performed by large
groups, often
for purposes like peace, better crops and so on.

> 2). if any of this info has to do with my assertion that--
> *the "tmo pundit project" could not influence the american society
> and its course of human events*, and if anyone(read Mishmashi
> brahmachari Prasad Varma Mahesh) could make a claim as such.

Nope You said that no pundit would ever make a claim. You didn't say anything
originally
about them only being Maharishi Vedic Pundits, because obviously, such pundits,
valid in
your eyes or not, DO make such claims. You were trying to claim that no
traditional pundit
would make such a claim.

> That is what we are discussing here- "tmo pundits" coming to America
> to influnce its course of human events as outlined by bramachari
> Mahesh and Dr. Hagelin, PhD.

We were discussing whether any pundit, not just the TMO ones, would make such
claims.
Of course, as everyone knows, they do all the time, as any gool search of
mahayagya or
mahayajna shows.

> > http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Yajna/id/62894
> > yajna: (Sanskrit) "Worship; sacrifice."
> > One of the most central Hindu concepts -
> > sacrifice and surrender through acts of worship,
> > inner and outer.
> > 1) A form of ritual worship especially
> > prevalent in Vedic times,
> > in which oblations - ghee,
> > grains, spices and exotic woods - are offered
> > into a fire according to scriptural injunctions
> > while special mantras are chanted.
>
> Sir LawsonJi.., just what has this to do with the Judeo-Christain
> american society that we live in?

What does the culture we live in have to do with your original claim? You said
that no
pundit would make such claims.

> > - The element fire, Agni, is revered as the divine
> > messenger who carries offerings and
> > prayers to the Gods.
> >
> > - The ancient Veda Brahmanas and the Shrauta
> > Shastras describe various types of yajna
> > rites, some so elaborate as to require hundreds of priests,
> > whose powerful chanting
> > resounds for miles. These major yajnas are
> > performed in large, open-air structures called
> > yagashala.
> >
> > - Domestic yajnas, prescribed in the Grihya Shastras,
> > are performed in the family
> > compound or courtyard. Yajna requires four components,
> > none of which may be omitted:
> > dravya, sacrificial substances; tyaga, the spirit
> > of sacrificing all to God; devata, the celestial
> > beings who receive the sacrifice; and mantra,
> > the empowering word or chant.
> >
> > - While puja (worship in temples with water,
> > lights and flowers) has largely replaced the
> > yajna, this ancient rite still continues,
> > and its specialized priestly training is
> > carried on in
> > schools in India.
>
> Sir LawsonJi.., just what has this to do with the Judeo-Christain
> american society that we live in?
> This is India(Bharatvarsh) not America.
> Big difference as we americans do not follow the Varna (caste system
> of India)..

And what has that to do with whther or not such claims are made, whether by
hindus
living in the USA or India, or by Maharishi-followers at Fairfield?

> > - Yajnas of a grand scale are performed for
> > special occasions, beseeching the Gods for
> > rain during drought, or for peace during bloody civil war.
>
> Correct me if i am wrong Sir LawsonJi..,are we in a civil war?

You are the most literal-minded person I have met in many years.

[...]
> Sir Lawsonji.. i am sorry i just donot see any correlation to your
> claims regarding "mahayagya" performed in Bharatvarsh(India) and
> the "tmo pundit project" here in America. As, there is no mention
> (in your info) of a "mahayagya" that could come from a
> predomiantly "Hindu"/Vedic Sanatana Dharma society, and be performed
> by "tmo pundits".., to exert specific influences(as outlined by Dr.
> John Hagelin, PhD) on a predomiantly multi-racial Judeo-Christian
> American society!
>
> Do you??

If the TMO pundits are trained in the traditional way, why would their
affiliation with the
TMO bother you? Are you saying that no pundit could ever be associated with the
TMO?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: