--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FF essayist Thom Krystofiak, who used to write frequently and post on
> FFL, has a piece published in this week's FF Weekly Reader.  Entitled
> Sanitizing the  Fairfield Story. About the pr-people of the TMorg
> taking the Washington Post's glowing uncritical article about
> Maharishi's MUM, Vedic City and TM- Fairfield and their taking the
> article, re-publishing it and sanitizing it further.  More than a
> couple of touch-up evidently as Thom reviews further what was done.
SNIP

I'm not familiar with how they sanitized the article, but I read the
Post article and was surprised how positive it was considering how
many different other ways it could have gone - hard to imagine the tmo
being disappointed in it.

But I remember a few years ago when MMY was on Larry King show - prior
to the airing the tmo put out some statements attempting to downplay
the importance of the show, almost discouraging tmers from watching.
I assumed the interview (which had already been taped) hadn't gone
very well for MMY, but it turned out to have been a typical Larry King
interview in which he didn't ask any tough questions and pretty much
put MMY on a small pedestal throughout.  I guess if the press doesn't
completely mimic the party line like bevan or hagelin do then the tmo
considers it didn't go that well.