> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > Ah...when in doubt, revert to the old maid
> > > repressed sexuality fantasies again.
> >
> > Translation:  "Gee, I really thought I'd be able
> > to sneak through my deliberate misreading of what
> > she said, but she caught me *again*.  What to do?
> > I know, I'll reiterate my sexual fantasies about
> > her.  That always makes me look brave and macho."
>
> Judy, Judy, Judy...
>
> I understand that older women sometimes have
> fantasies about men still finding them attractive,
> but the phenomenon itself really *isn't* very
> attractive. The 'dickhead' riff was in fact
> suggested by my much younger companion, who
> had just shown up at the cafe and was reading
> what I was writing. Her English is not all that
> good, and she was the one who tripped on the
> literal meaning of 'dickhead.' I passed it along,
> between laughs. :-)
>
> As for you, and our exchange, what it was in my
> view was you and your *seriously* tiny and limited
> mind coming into contact with one that is not so
> limited. You tried to play your "I set the rules
> and you have to play by them" game, and I refused.
>
> OF COURSE randomness can coexist with patterning;
> randomness fully *supports* patterns, or the
> illusion of them. OF COURSE enlightenment involves
> both things that are within one's control and
> things that are not, and OF COURSE it is fully
> available to all beings at all times. It (enlight-
> enment) is what all beings ARE. You just cannot
> *comprehend* the beauty of how these things work,
> that's all. You want to squish it into neat little
> boxes so that you can tell your self that it
> "understands" enlightenment. No self does. And
> the longer yours tries, the further away enlight-
> enment itself will seem to you.

Uh, Barry, I wasn't asking you to explain it all
to me.  I was pointing out that your attempts to
describe your own experience, such as it may be,
are hopelessly confused, and not in the "paradox
of Brahman" enlightenment-can't-be-described sense.
Sorry you misunderstood.

How much of the confusion is due to your not
knowing what the hell you're talking about, and
how much is because you're so anxious to score
points against others that the anxiety overwhelms
your ability to to think about what you're saying,
I don't know.

But the latter tendency is so prevalent with
you no matter *what* the topic that I'm
inclined to think it plays a significant role.

> Even though it is present at every moment, if you
> just LET GO. As I said before, perfectly seriously,
> the whole thing is really kinda funny once you get
> past self and learn to laugh at it. Good luck with
> that, y'hear.

Right.  So when will you let go of your
preoccupation with putting down others and
exalting yourself and start laughing instead?

It's one thing to know the Self, and quite another
to know the self.