> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > > Steve, odd that the current course is quite successful,
> > > with the underwriting of the course, the arrival of the
> > > pundits, the experiences reported, and yet you see it
> > > in an entirely negative light...What does that say about
> > > your spiritual practice? Not much, in my book.
> >
> > Vaj sees things his way, you see things your way, that's
> > all.
> >
> > Me, I see the "underwriting" as a nostalgic attempt by a
> > few wealthy long-term members of the TM movement to allow
> > Maharishi to die with his illusions that he still *has*
> > a movement intact.
>
> But the TMO is constantly getting infusions of millions of dollars.
Your logic is flawed. This
> is the first time that MMY has directed such infusions to sponsor
participation in such a
> large  course of this type IN THIS COUNTRY, but donors have
sponsored large courses in
> other countries, and of course donors have been purchasing land and
building buildings
> for the TMO for decades.
>
> I gotta think that you know this, given how long you have hung
around the TMO taking
> snipes at it, so the question arises: why do you pretend that your
speculation is meant
> seriously?

MMY isn't directing the infusion to MUM, Howard Settle is, with his
original pledge of $1 million per month to fund 2,000 sidhas at $500
per month sponsorship.  When far less than that number of sidhas
showed up, then MMY took advantage of the extra funds to send pundits
over and renovate the campus and build up vedic city.  As you say, MMY
is constantly receiving large donations, primarily through the million
dollar courses, but has never in the past directed the money to the US
when he has the choice how to use the funds.  If you study tmo
finances through the public filings and just generally use your eyes,
you see that MMY prefers donations to end up in private offshore accts
where it can be moved about in private, rather than spend on courses
in the US.  Once the pundit housing has been built and/or renovated,
it shouldn't be that expensive to keep them here, so they might stay
after the Settle money runs out, but sponsorship of sidhas is already
being phased out and will definitely go when Settle funds dries up.