Just out of curiosity, is there any corollary between how parts of
Patanjali Yoga Sutras actually contain stuff to be practiced, and the
content of the Brahma Sutras?

(I.e. are there particular sutras from BS to be used, and which are they?)

http://sanskritdocuments.org/doc+ACs-ACs-ACs-AF8-yoga/brahma+ACs-ACs-ACs-AF8-suutra.itx

> has "heyavattva"
>
> and here "heyatva":
>
> http://www.philosophy.ru/library/asiatica/indica/sutra/vedanta/hk.html
>
>  avacana      n. absence of a special assertion Ka1tyS3r.
+ACs-ACs-ACs-ACY-c. ;