Vaj wrote:
> http://tmfree.blogspot.com/2007/02/program-pedophilia.html
>
> Program Pedophilia
> Posted by Gina at 2/13/2007 11:55:00 PM
>
> Thank you, Paul, for your incredible perspective on the source of TM
> teachings.
>
> Being raised in the Movement, or any cult, is different from
> experiencing a conversion. Upon leaving the group, most therapists
> advise former cult members to rebuild life based upon their pre-cult
> persona.
>
> Someone raised in a cult lacks a pre-cult persona. We normalized the
> group-think in all facets, because it's all we knew.
>
> My entire life was based upon TM, as I was raised in the TMO from a
> young age. There are many good people in the TMO. I have no criticism
> of the individuals. I criticize the leader's methods, and ensuing
> destructive group dynamics.
>
> One of my good friends is Jim Jones Jr, formerly of Jonestown. Oddly
> enough, he and I share a similar worldview. We both agree that we were
> raised as-if in Disneyland. And we loved it! Then the Haunted House
> took over. We've both moved on, and are doing what we can to reach
> others through our twisted histories. Making lemonade where life gave
> us lemons.
>
> For a preview of a compassionate movie about a tragic history, click
> on the movie title, "Jonestown, the Life and Death of People's Temple."
> My daughter was eleven when we left Fairfield. She was teary watching
> this movie, remembering her sweet idealistic childhood community, and
> knowing our loved ones' ensuing painful stories.
>
> Maharishi twisted his Hindu tradition to his own ends, just as Jim
> Jones twisted evangelical Christianity and social activism to his
> ends. It is not the teachings that define a "cult"; destructive
> behaviors define a cult.
>
> While my mother was in Switzerland with Susan, Sudarsha and Joseppi, I
> lived at MIU Santa Barbara and Fairfield as a teenager. No one had
> custody of me. Maharishi told my mother I was better off at MIU
> unsupervised. My mother's children would benefit from her prolonged
> rounding to purify the family.
>
> Many TM parents leave their children for months on end, while parents
> attend TTC or other advanced programs. Children are often left with a
> hodge podge of caretakers.
>
> Does statutory rape, as often occurs with TM young girls while parents
> are in Program, count as a family "benefit" or "side effect" to
> familial devotion with TM?
>
> Of course, such occurences are blamed upon the girl's negative karma,
> and the ignorance or stress (release?) of the perpetrators.
>
> Such occurences generally are not reported, lest the victim(s) would
> be denied admission to the TM Sidhi program or to Maharishi School of
> the Age of Enlightenment (MSAE).
>
> One young girl in elementary school (now an adult coming to visit me
> this weekend) was refused admittance to Maharishi School of the Age of
> [...]
When I was involved in the TM movement back in the 1970's it was mostly
a fun social club where everyone had their TM meditation in common.  I
never regarded it as cult because at that time no one went after anyone
who walked away from it.  Sure we had a few "kooks" or "busy bodies"
with their "Maharishi says" finger wagging but  we just ignored them.
They only became a pain in the ass after the Sidhis program came into
being and they thought they'd been appointed gestapo.  That's when
people wholesale began leaving the TM movement behind.