Turquoise,
I thought I'd pop back to get a rain check on my posting yesterday
and the first post I saw was yours. The odd thing is that I haven't
really said anything at http://tmfree.blogspot.com/ that should upset
anyone. After three and a half decades of research on the topic, I
just distilled a few points, that must be common knowledge to those
posting on FFL. Surely?
I was surprised anyone responded to it actually.
As for the idea of me being damaged. Well I can only use Maharishi's
excellent analogy, that one's vision is determined by the tint of the
glasses one wears. If I am being perceived as damaged, then perhaps
they need to refresh their outlook.
The Maharishi and the movement have had ample time and opportunity to
put me right about any information I might have got askew. In fact I
wrote an open letter addressed to the man himself, asking that he do
just that. Since I already had a friendship with Bevan Morris, it
would have been so easy for him to clear up any misconceptions and
these could have been included in the revised edition.
Hey ho,
Paul

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <premanandpaul@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Peter,
> >
> > you are asking why I continue speak out about MMY and his
teachings.

> > The answer is remarkably simple.
> >
> > Having learned TM I decided to practice it come-what-may, for at
> > least ten years, to see how it measured up to its claims. I
decided
> > to let the time run longer, and longer, and longer. (In fact I
even
> > vowed to continue its practise even if MMY disavowed the
teaching.)

> > I put the together 'The Maharishi: The Man Who Gave
Transcendental
> > Meditation to the World', and as Vaj rightly says, it is the only
> > objective biography of the man and his teaching extant. But I
didn't
> > stop researching the Maharishi, TM and his master, I kept up the
> > project for much longer, and I have shared much of the Guru Dev
> > translation work free-of-charge on my website
> > http://www.paulmason.info/ .
> >
> > I kept practising the TM technique more many more years after the
> > publication.
> > But after more than three and a half decades it struck me it was
> > about time I actually decided it was time to come to some sort of
> > verdict, about TM and about MMY.
> >
> > Since I am recognised as an authority on the subject (at least by
> > those honest enough to admit it) I thought I'd share my verdict.
> > posted this on TM-Free Blog a few days ago. But afterwards I
> > realised that there must still be great many people who still
don't
> > even have the basic points.
> >
> > I notice you don't attempt to correct me on any point raised in
the
> > blog. That is interesting, very interesting
> >
> > Finally, the suggestion that I get on and attend to my own life.
> > Well, as it happens, I most certainly do (which is the main
reason I
> > seldom log on to the TM forums. But, as it happens I consider
that
> > sharing the enormous amount of research on the MMY is a part of
> > attending to my life.
> >
> > It would be all too convenient for those who just want to hear
sweet
> > truths if I were to be quiet.
> >
> > You have your views on MMY, I have never once tried to silence
you
> > or anyone else on the subject. I have never suggested that you go
> > and attend to your life.
> >
> > It seems the truth has got you just a tad mad at me, just a tad.
But
> > as another responent pointed out to someone else, don't shoot the
> > messenger or in your case encourage the messenger to turn his
> > attention to something else. It sounds just a bit like that bit
in
> > the Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy and Toto were told to ignore 'the
Man