On Feb 26, 2007, at 11:39 AM, markmeredith2002 wrote:

I don't understand the original post by brigante.  Is it that the Des
Moines paper doesn't mention Ffld, a small town nowhere near des
moines, in its weather article and so that means the bad weather
miraculously missed ffld??  Why would the des moines paper mention
ffld by name?  As anyone who lives here knows, most of fairfield was
without power due to the storm.  The storm was less severe as you went
south from des moines but ffld was hit just the same as ottumwa and
other nearby cities.  This seems similar to the bizarre thinking that
underlies much of the ME research.

I was wondering the same thing about what the point supposedly was. I read the article and didn't see FF mentioned one way or another, not that there was any reason they should have.

So, to anyone who isn't here, and who actually cares about trivia like this, the weather caused widespread outages here in FF, for most a few hours but for some overnight. It wasn't any worse here than other places, but it wasn't any better either.

And about the ME research--it is ironic that one of the places w/o power the longest were the MD trailers. "Something good must have been happening"--or something like that.

Sal