--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Quotes from the characters created by playrights are often wrongly
> attributed to the writer himself/herself. Although the question and
> answer was intended to be provocative it was not intended serve as a
> guide to my opinions of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
>
> But I concede, on reflection, that some might see the remarks
> otherwise. So, I have taken this opportunity to ammend the online
> text of this Q&A, to change the line in question, to bring it more
> into synch with my own opinion:
>
> Q. In conclusion then, isn't it true to say that the Maharishi is
> nothing other than an opportunistic, self-promoting maverick who,
> though probably well-meaning, wilfully misleads his supporters and
> anyone else who has the time, the inclination and the money to listen
> to him?

The real question, if your conclusion is right, then is,...why, and do
the ends justify the means.  I think with MMY perhaps so. The only
thing I would take issue with you is 'self-promoting', perhaps you
should use that with a capital 'S' as in Self(God) promoting, isn't
that closer to his real character?