On Mar 4, 2007, at 3:30 PM, sparaig wrote:

It's well known, save to those of us who were content to keep to our original practice,
rather than seek something "better."

And then there are those of us who never abandoned our practice at all, but integrated it with more advanced or more complete practices. There are many people here like that. Sadly most have quited down since the tone of this list turned sour.

For example, I know of several people who took their TM mantra and got the full mantra from Amma (for free). And it was a major upgrade for them. Even others went on to receive full initiation into the devata herself, either her tantra, her mandala or her yantra. There are dozens of variations on this theme (all unique, important and beautiful), but if you think TM is the be all and end all, you're sadly mistaken. TM is completely portable if you have the right teacher and the courage to move beyond a sect. IMO, those who took what they found useful and left the rest behind are the healthiest.