--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > Interesting talk on Peace where the acceptance of Absolute Self
> > (Atman) is an impediment to accepting our connection to the World.
> > Absolute Self is empty and devoid of Self-nature. Realization of
> > "Absolutized identity-habit as the only enemy".
> >

> http://fyminc.typepad.com/bob_thurman_podcast/2007/03/peace_video_7.htm
> >
> That is like saying because a baby crawls, it is an impediment to
> walking. Acceptance of Absolute Self is a stage, Vaj, leading to full
> integration of life.
>
> That's why Maharishi has for decades referred to fulfillment as 200
> percent of life, something every meditator understands. It is part of
> the intro lecture for goodness sakes. I am glad Uma's dad is at least
> thinking about it. It would be better if he did TM though.

 I think VAj is a little mixed up, perhaps 'Bob' is too, he's trying
to talk about the pseudo-soul or the ego. The Atman is the *Reality*
and the *EGO* (sense created identity) is the illusion (or Bob).

The Atman is NOT empty but pure bliss, Sat-chit-ananda. Whew, talk
about beating around the bush to get a drink of water.