> On Mar 15, 2007, at 8:57 PM, lurkernomore20002000 wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe the only scandal with Amma is that there is no scandal with
> > > Amma. And THAT's rare.
> >
> > As I recall there was a post 6 -12 months ago.  Maybe it
> > was the one Rick mentioned he reposted, or maybe it was a
> > different one.  But there was dirt.  Yes, there was dirt.
> > Mostly about money, but other stuff as well.
>
> Welcome to the world of mud, largely perceived thru mud lenses.

That and the "pedestal phenomenon." Whatever else
one can say about him, one of the most insightful
things that the Rama guy I studied with ever wrote
was the following:

"Pedestals were invented by a very wise man
who perceived the need in human consciousness
to cast people down. This wise man realized
that it would be impossible to cast people
down unless you had put them up on something
first. So he invented the pedestal, which is
now employed on a regular basis. You put
people on it so you can cast them down later.
Indeed, he was a wise man."

The "dirt" tends to come from the disillusioned. But
the illusions themselves were *their own*.