FFL was pleasant because for the most part the people wanted it like
that. (Although I did get an email on the side who was trying to poison
my mind about Richard. I found it odd at the time. It was the only sign
I say that TM forums could be unpleasant. Now who sent that...? He
posted at AMT too, in those days. Bob someone or other I believe.)

Vaj, I think you are right, the basic motivation of the 'insurgents'
seems combative, bombastic. It is almost always confrontational and
looking for a fight. There is an inbuilt assumption that one is
spoiling for a fight. It doesn't even seem to occur to them that there
might be anything to be gained from an exchange of information and
opinions, without resorting to unpleasantness.

I saw the way Richard was ragged on AMT, but largely it was undeserved,
he was just looking for answers. It seemed to me he wasn't getting them
on TM forums. But why rag him?

I have travelled widely in the Islamic world and NEVER come up against
the fundamentalists. They get on underground trains whilst decent
people are going off to work, all shades of human skin, all kinds of
humanity, and let off bombs. The fundamentalist doesn't have regard for
others. The TM-terrorist has no regard for others either. Perhaps it is
the Maharishi's fault, with his 'damn democracy' and his 'scorpion
nation', he is encouraging rabid behaviour in his shock troops.

So perhaps Maharishi was once a saint and then he lost it, but there is
no reason for everyone to lose it! Please turn over a new leaf everyone
and at least be polite to one another.