--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
>
> > Uhhhhh...
> >
> > <at a loss for words>
> >
> > If all that's for real, Rory, thank you.
> >
> > (The truth, as they say, is probably somewhere
> > in between moi as Jedi-Judy incarnation of Durga
> > and as lowlife scum Harasser-in-Chief.)
> >
> > What name were you posting under on alt.m.t back
> > in 2002? If I was able to be of assistance to you
> > in any way, I'm delighted.
>
> Yes, it is all for real, Judy; thank You! You do my heart such
good.
> I think it was as mleroygoffiv, though I am not certain. I remember
> I launched in with one of my patented rails against the TMO and
> gradual-enlightenment seekerdom and promptly lost my head on your
> sword ... Barry defended my POV, and Barry and I agreed with each
> other so completely you were wondering (you said) if I was a shill
> or alter-ego of Barry's -- if he had known me previously offline
> and brought me in to amt! But no; it was all just one of Nature's
> little jokes or dances, I guess.

Huh. I remember a long discussion sometime in 2002
with a guy using the name Samuel who was touting
Reiki and signed his posts "Love and light," but
Barry's participation was pretty much limited to
dumping on Reiki, as I recall.

> Anyway, thank you too, Barry, for your kind words and support at
> that time, but IMO Judy was clearer than either of us was. It was
> (in retrospect) a great joy to yield my demoniac head to her.
> Anyway, after getting my ego-anger utterly shredded, I felt so good
> and full that I simply lost the urge to argue and prove
> myself "right." I am pretty sure it was in the spring of 2002, as
> it was just before my 10th wedding anniversary, though memory can
> certainly play tricks on me.

Couldn't have been me if it was spring 2002!

I had been away from the newsgroup, didn't come
back until mid-June (I returned because Joe Kellett
had been accusing me *in absentia* of being "a well-
known defender of Scientology," of all nutty things).

No big deal, I was just curious.

 Anyhow, over the years I have come to
> appreciate you there and here more and more, Judy, and have been
> meaning to thank you for all you've done for all of us.

Well, er, you're certainly welcome!