--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "netisquared" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Apparently Byron Katie and her husband Steven Mitchell don't think
that much of the so-
> called "Secret" either:
>

> Please consider commenting on this movie/book in the Parlor.
> Much love,
> Susan
>

> Dearest Susan,
>
> Here are StephenÕs thoughts:
>

> The Secret: ÒMy will be done. I know whatÕs best for me.Ó
> The Work: ÒThy will be done (=Thy will is done). WhatÕs best for me
is what actually
> happens.Ó

I have grappled with this concept for a long time and the closest I
can personally come to it is "What happens for me is what happens for
me." I may not think it is the best, but I know it is what happens.

KH

(In A Thousand Names for Joy, Katie says, ÒGodÕs will and your will
are the
> same, whether you notice it or not.Ó)
>
> The Secret: ÒYou can control your thoughts.Ó
> The Work: ÒYou are not the thinker. ItÕs not possible to suppress
your stressful thoughts.
> But when you question them, they let go of you.Ó
>
> The Secret: ÒYou can manifest your positive thoughts as reality.Ó
The Work: ÒReality already