> I'm not sure the TM movement owns it anymore. I seem to recall that
they let it go rather than pay some taxes.

All they care about is money.  They tore down the chapel on MUM campus
without even a sigh on their parts.  They just do what they want to
do, when in Rome destroy Rome like Godzilla -- like me and you on our
smaller scales, yes?

A favorite story I was told -- don't know if it's true -- was when the
movement had a fire in an assembly hall, and the folding chairs were
burned. The chairs had been rented, so Maharishi told someone to
quickly offer the renter of the chairs a low ball price for them --
low ball, cuz you know, "they're old and worn" etc. -- and thus he was
able to buy the chairs for much lower cost than if the owner had known
that they would otherwise have to have been replaced with full cost
new chairs.

So, if the story is true, then that shows the movement being perfectly
willing to pass its bad karma downhill.  It may be the natural order
of things, but to me it was just another story of how the movement has
no heart, no concern for our attachments or personal histories, no
sense of fair play and the buck stops here, no honoring of our
affections for family, nation, religion, career, etc.  All is
secondary to backroom mystery figures doing the deal making who can
take a retiree's last buck and kick them out the door if they're one
minute late on their next course fee payment.

I could rationalize it all as "tough love that evolves us out of our
identifications," but again and again, zombie eyes of the course
office slaves, zombie eyes of Bevan announcing the chapel's impending
destruction, zombie eyes of John putting the hit on another married
woman -- all these eyes -- I've never seen one of them blink yet.

When the movement didn't blink for me, it felt like a bullet in the
heart, but that's just me before Byron Katie.  Now I know I allowed it
all to happen, eyes wide shut.

Edg