--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070515/tpl-us-health-government-politics-10170b4.html

> More surprising UK ranking good, yet here we think we're in
> crisis. We think France, for instance, is better looked after..

In an interesting juxtaposition, Michael Moore's
new film "Sicko" is set to premiere at Cannes
soon, and since in it he takes on the damn-the-
patient-profit-at-any-cost policies of the US
health care industry and pharmaceutical industries,
he's come under fire from the Bush administration,
which is...uh...somewhat in these industries'
pocket. They're claiming he violated a trade
embargo with Cuba by going there during the
filming. Guess they're still pissed off about
"Fahrenheit 9/11," eh?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/276253/1/.html

Moore describes the new film as "a comedy about
45 million people with no health care in the
richest country on Earth."

While many may bristle at his tendency to mix
comedy and scathing satire with serious issues,
I applaud it. The thing that the robber barons
of the world hate most is to be laughed at, and
Moore helps people to laugh at them. May he
continue to make his films, and may the people
continue to laugh at those who make a profit
from either killing their fellow man (Bowling
for Columbine and F 9/11) or just allowing them
to die because they don't care whether they live
or die, only about profit (Sicko), because when
the laughter dies, what remains might be a sense
of outrage, and a desire to stop these travesties.

As for Michael himself, this article implies that
he's well aware of the "shoot the messenger"
tactics that will be used against him, and has
hired one of the best PR firms in the business
to counter their attacks. I don't care whether
one likes Michael Moore and his sensibilities
or not; I still believe that the world desper-
ately needs more people like him.