My parents didn't want me to be vegan -- always pushed me to eat meat.
 "It's just soup!"  "But, Mom, there's a big pork hock in it."  "Don't
eat that, just enjoy the veggies in it."  Like that.

I would tell her this, "Suppose I cook up a nice soup and as I ladle
it out into your bowl you notice that my underwear is in the pot?  Can
I tell you to not eat my gotchies but enjoy the rest of the soup?"

She didn't get it.  Meat was life to her.

This global warming debate is like that.  We have these folks saying,
"What's a little carbon cloud from China, breath the air for
crissakes."  They're saying, you know, ignore, nay, enjoy the nuance
of Eau du Fruit de Looms wafting in your oxygen.

To me it's not about if we're reaching the so-called tipping point.  I
think we're near or passed it, but to complain about it NOW, when,
like for 200 years, we've been spewing every manner of filth into
ocean and atmosphere is a cruel twisting of the knife in Mother
Nature's back.

Howzbout you go camping, hike for three days, get above the tree line,
find a flat spot, pitch a tent, thank God for the glorious display of
beauty, grab a cup and walk to the stream for a drink.  Dip it into
the stream.  Ah, pure mountain water, but wait, who's that sumbitch
pissing just twenty yards up-stream?  Why, I think I'll kill the
infidel.

I mean whoever saw the first person pissing in a stream should have
stopped that practice right on the spot, eh?  Just would have taken a
well thrown rock, and maybe we wouldn't have six billion people
pretending that mercury in tuna fish ain't so bad a price to pay for
modern life.

It's not the bottom of the slippery slope that rankles me -- it's that
first step onto it.

Are we humans contributing to global warming by 80% compared to
nature's 20%, or is it that we're doing only 1% damage?  WHO CARES!
STOP PISSING IN MY STREAM.  Hell, one molecule of turd in a hundred
million gallons of water is TOO MUCH UNDERWEAR IN THE SOUP.

An airplane with three guys in it crashed into a major reservoir for
Napa, CA where I lived at the time.  For YEARS, they couldn't find the
bodies or plane.  I called the tap water "Dead Man's Soup."

Then there's that joke about the guy offering a woman at the bar
$5,000 for sex.  She's never done it for money before, but hey, five
big clams is hard to ignore, so she accepts the offer.  In the motel
room, the guy says, "I was lying about the money. I only have $50."
She's miffed, says she's no whore.

He says, "We already established that.  Now we're just talking about
price."

Like that, when I throw away my Styrofoam fast food containers, when I
toss my old batteries, when I dump my crankcase oil "out in the vacant
lot," or when I, for instance, piss into the public's flowing mindset
-- even if the piss if anti-Falwell flavored -- who am I to throw any
stone at anyone?

Ask not from whom does the globe warm, it warms from we.

And until we taste the still-dilute redolence of industry in our water
and air, until we become outraged at upstream pissers, until someone
goes up to Adam and smacks him a good one in the puss and says spit
that apple out of your mouth, we're all going to be served underwear soup.

Edg