Boo,

> But it sounds like you would agree with jerry falwell that
> occasionally the Supreme Being sends terrorists to the US to punish us
> for our same sex unions, etc.

I'm not trying to sound like Jerry Falwell.  I'm thinking out loud how
lucky we are that the US has attained the benefits that we have today.
By the standards set in vedic literature, particularly the Shrimad
Bhagavatam, the US culture would be considered for sudras, at best.

  You think most americans get married to
> enjoy sex??

Yes.  The American culture accepts this as part of the marriage
institution.  In vedic culture, marriage is considered to be a
concession to indulge in sexual activity for procreation.

Regards,

John R.