--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "qntmpkt" <qntmpkt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ---Yea...Swami Muktananda - it appears from available evidence
> > > that he was quite adept at molesting underage Daughters of his
> > > disciples.
> >
> > And Bill Clinton brutally raped Juanita Broderick.
> >
> > So what?  Whether it's true or untrue regarding what Clinton or
> > Muktananda or Maharishi did, we won't know for sure until said
> > gentlemen are brought to trial for these alleged crimes (assuming
> > they are still alive).
> >
> > In the meantime we can take the positive stuff they said and did
> > and dwell on that.
>
> Yes, and even Jesus now gets accused of all kinds of stuff
> regarding Mary Magdalene- there's just now end to this kind
> of gossipy thingy.

Uh, with all due respect, the only thing Jesus
has ever been "accused of," and in some of the
Gospels excised from the Bible, no less, was
that he was *married* to Mary Magdalene. Which,
of course, would have been perfectly acceptable
for a rabbi.

One should be careful not to project one's modern
hangups about sex onto a period of history in
which they are inappropriate.

As far as I can tell, the myth of Jesus' celibacy
was made up long after his death by uptight men
to justify their own inability to relate to half
of the human race.