Comment below:

**

**snip**

> Yes. The transcendent is the bindu beyond the blue bindu-window of
> the upper sahasara. It's the window of pure consciousness.
>
> You probably also remember Baba's experience of the bindu shattering
> in the sahasara.
>
> If someone awakens the kundalini shakti via mantra AND the path it
> takes is within the central channel, one will begin to see photistic
> phenomenon like the bindu if two things occur: one reaches the
> nadanta, the end of sound, where the mantras subtlemost sound ends
> and converts into light and if She awakened in the central channel
> and approaches the head chakras.
>
> This process is actually represented in mantric lettering (a
> variation on plain devanagari) with the chandra or moon-like crescent
> which appears on all the TM mantras, and it's dot, the bindu.

**end**

That last paragraph reminded me of a section in Heinrich Zimmer's
"Myths and Symbols in Indian Art and Civilization" where he does this
wonderful deconstruction on the image of Kali standing astride the
reposed forms of Shiva/Shava and how that relationship is just one
fractal of the meta relationship it alludes to and how another fractal
is the devanagari transformation of Shava into Shiva.

As I remember it, the image of Ma Kali, resplendent as all of Nature
in her extraordinary fecundity and ferocity, birthing and annhilating
with equal abandon, stands over, and in contact with the form of Shiva
who, though inactive, has an erect phallus, a smile on his face, and
open eyes.  He is white with the ashes of the cremation grounds but he
is glowing with vigor.

Shiva's figure rests on another figure in the same pose who is Shava,
the corpse.  This figure, which is not in contact with the feet of the
Divine Shakti, looks the same as Shiva but has closed eyes, no
erection, and no expression.  He, too, is covered in ashes but rather
than a brilliant white like Shiva, he is pallid and without life.  The
philosophical decoction of the image is, of course, the Absolute
(Shava) which is wholly transcendent and quiescent comes alive (as it
were) to Itself (Shiva) when it comes into contact or awareness of its
own Shakti, and It's reflection in That (Ma Kali) is the expression of
Divinity in the world, the Divine Mother.  "When Consciousness becomes
Conscious, then Intelligence becomes Intelligent."

Zimmer points out that the transformation in devanagari script from
Sha-va to Shi-va is the addition of an element that changes it without
really changing anything.  The same philosophical point, but now
expressed in rules of grammar.

He says it much better, of course, but that's what I remember of it
and your comment (above) reminded me of it.  Thanks, Vaj.

Marek