<snip>
  IMO, the
> posters here who are able to rise above having to
> react angrily when someone portrays them in a diff-
> erent way than they see themselves can do so because
> they have a basic level of respect for the other
> posters, and consider them their equals. "We're all
> just seekers here," and all that. In general, those
> who become indignant do so because they've been
> insulted by someone they consider "lesser" than
> themselves.

It's interesting, I have never, even for a second,
thought of anyone on this forum--or anywhere else,
for that matter--as "lesser" than myself.  That
concept is just completely foreign to me and always
has been, no matter how nastily they have insulted
me (or someone else), no matter what kind of
falsehoods the other person has told about me (or
someone or something else), no matter how blatant
the hypocrisy they indulge in.

It's curious that "some people" seem to see that
kind of thinking in me and others when there's a
disagreement of some kind.

Especially in a post in which *they* clearly
indicate that they believe their own purported
egalitarianism makes them superior to those
whom they believe perceive others to be inferior.