--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> snip
> >
> > I truly don't understand that kind of thinking.
> > Resistance to dishonesty should be a *reflex*, an
> > instinct. It *should* be an addiction.
>
> OK. Perhaps I don't fully appreciate how it affects you.  Certainly
> you have to go the distance in things you believe passionately
about.

Actually, one of the very few things I believe
passionately in is the value of honesty and the
destructiveness of dishonesty. With all the
disagreement in the world and all the problems
it causes, it seems to me just appalling that
it should be complicated and exacerbated by
dishonesty.

How can we even get to the point of peaceably
agreeing to disagree, let alone come to a
mutual understanding, if one side is indulging
in deliberate falsehood, and that is *tolerated*
by others? How can anybody have respect for an
opinion that is supported by assertions which
are knowingly factually false?