There are opinions an there are reseach-based findings that are
testable by others.The latter can include personal research, aka life
experience, working hypotheses, etc. None are ultimate truth in an
epistimological sense, but they tend towards being reliable -- some,
the more rigoursly reseached oned, very much so.  Quantum mechanics
makes predictions accurate to 6o7 digits, I am told.

An example, personal preference (I like republicans or I like
democrats) is an opinon and turrq's stories of contradiction may be
relevant in characterizing this and many other like opinions. However,
that some are not be able to distinguish between opinion and
research-based reliabile findings is interesting and a bit dangerous.

Stories

"AIDS is a deadly sexually easily-transmitted disease. Its risk can be
sharply diminished by use of condoms and knowing ones sexual
partner(s) well."

"AIDS is a conspiracy and hoax of the medical establishment and is not
sexually transmitted at all, and if I have sex with 100 strangers
without condoms, I will never get it."

"Walking in front of an oncoming bus is very dangerous and can be fatal."

"Buses are just quantum soup, as am I. I can walk in front of an
oncoming bus, and our quantum soups will just pass through each other.
Besides I am wearing my magic gemstone and crystals, so I am safe, I
am invincible."

"Going to work everyday brings in a paycheck with which I can pay
expenses and save some."

"Going to work is a stupid con of THE MAN. Mother nature is cool, she
will provide me with everything I need as I lay here in the park, just
enjoying. Say, pass that doobie over here brother"

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>        The ability to appreciate several points of Views
simultaneously is a very powerful Taoist technique that will enable
you to see the larger picture and see how it all fits in.