> The information is enlightening. It speaks volumes in regards to
> saying yes to every experience in life.
> However, it is tough to live up to this in a capitalistic society
> where you are expected to pay your rent or mortgage on time. If
> your ideas don't sell then how can you pay your bills. When I
> worked for Deepak Chorpra I saw his own struggle with this. He
> is one of the best at selling ideas to the public that make book
> sales improve in order to keep his contract with his publishers
> and a  working relationship with his agent. We have built a
> financial world around us which doesn't allow for spiritual
> development because we depend so much on others buying our
> ideas.

I might suggest that this isn't precisely true, Lou.
Those who *sell* their ideas and depend on the money
they receive for those ideas to pay their bills may
be concerned about whether those ideas sell.

But what about the situation I mentioned in my little
essay itself? When I taught meditation Rama-style, I
did it FOR FUN, paying for all of the expenses myself.
I supported myself at another career SO THAT I could
have fun that way.

It seems to me that it's only the model of *selling*
one's spiritual ideas that is dependent on the
"publish or perish" mentality.