On May 31, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Alex Stanley wrote:

What nonsense, Alex.  Whatever the alleged reason, it does not give
them license to act like pr*cks.

IMO, the fact that the pork industry paid for laws to be passed that
allow zero local control of such quality-of-life destroying,
environmental nuisances leaves VC little choice. Ugly laws let farmers
negatively impact their neighbors with these filth factories, and ugly
eminent domain laws may let one neighbor fight back. If anything, it's
a case of pr*ck vs. pr*ck.

Yeah, it's a shitty situation, Alex, I agree with you. But in this particular case, starting a petition, writing letters to the newspaper, and about a hundred other ways of alerting people to a potential problem would be a lot more effective than basically trying to steal someone's farm for pennies. That just alienates most others who might have agreed with them had they not been so underhanded.

And if this does go through--which I doubt at this point--wouldn't that be proof if ever there was proof, of how effective karma can be? And aren't they the ones who are always rationalizing other's bad luck by saying it's just their karma coming back? Well, now maybe they'll get a whiff of their own--one load of crap wafting in the direction of another. Perfect poetic justice if you ask me.

Sal