On Jun 3, 2007, at 7:03 PM, lurkernomore20002000 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I have a  feeling that whatever
happened with Great Midwestern was probably just a warm-up compared
to Telegroup.

I mean I find his premise somewhat outrageous, the more you work, the
less success, the less you work, the more success.  Hardwork equals a
host of negative effects.  Maybe that's just the come on, and what he
is getting to is working smart and all that. But, Telegroup was a
pretty spectacular blow up, so I was curious how he deals with it.
Besides that, I find his writing sort of juvenile, but I must admit, I
found it interesting, maybe because I was there, at least for the ice
cream part.

The idea, I guess, is because his ice cream business failed despite the hard work he put in, that that was the cause of it. But of course the hard work was the whole reason it succeeded so well at first. The reason it then went south was evidently because Fred decided to start taking large amounts of time off without having someone trustworthy in charge while he was away. Or maybe they *were* trustworthy but just overwhelmed. I don't know for sure, never really having had my own business, but it seems that taking weeks at a time off, unless it's unavoidable, for anyone in almost any business would not be a good idea. Minding the store has got to be one of the first rules of success.

Sal