Do you two, and others who have identified some past life: do you
identify with that person?

Some jyoptishis (probably with some psychic abilities) have told me
what I was in the past. While it seems to fit, I don't particualry
relate or identify with that person. Similar with my past "lives" /
days in this life. I can identify "that" person, but I don't
particularly identify with him. Sort of like identifying a family
member. Perhaps sometimes, it seem, like identifying the wandering
black sheep of the family, when bailing him out of jail: "yeah oficer,
thats one of 'ours'. We'll take responsibility for him and try to keep
him out of trouble".

I can idenify these "past people" as somehow related to me, and will
grudgingly take responsibility for their apparently strange and wild
actions, but I don't particularly identify with 'them'.

Though it may be a cliche, they seem more like actors in a film I once
saw. Q: "Did you see that film about that young teen-age kid that went
head-over-heels for an indian guru, and followed him around the US and
Europe doing deep meditation and the rest of the guru's trip. It was
set in the 60' and 70's -- a good 'period piece'. Good set-designs"?
A: "Yeah, I think I saw that one. But I am sort of fuzzy on the plot."

A friend of mine used to joke about her husband, "THAT man keeps
showing up." While it was clear she loved him a lot, it seemed she was
not identifed with him -- she had her own inner satisfaction and
completeness -- and did not depend on him for that. Her
tongue-in-check observation makes me laugh when thinking about
"myself". "That man keeps showing up".

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"