Lao Tzu said, "From wonder into wonder life will open."
He didn't say, "From wonder into certainty and knowledge
of the truth life will open." Many theists do. I think
I'd rather go out drinkin' with Lao Tzu.

Nice tie-in with a less evangelical version of man's thoughts on
reality.  Last night I was at a concert by Rory Block, my favorite
female blues guitarists. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdPZTOXwh8 (
I already sent you this link Turq)  She was doing a show with Robert
Johnson's grandson who is a preacher and his 30 person gospel choir.
I was seeing the show with my Buddhist Thai friend.  After Rory tore
it up with her great blues, the preacher started his preaching with
the choir singing behind him.  His message was was so bombastic and
assumptive concerning what anyone in the audience might already know
about reality or life, that we eventually just left.  It was insulting
and presumptuous especially since the audience was there to hear
Rory's blues.  I think her tour with this group was a miscalculation.

On talking with my Thai friend we discussed how his religion doesn't
suppose that everyone else needs to be "saved".  He had a hard time
even understanding why the preacher was so assertive and rude to
attempt to make us believe something by force of will and a lot of
people shouting at us. (It was all miked to the gills and unbelievably
loud.) Worst of all Robert Johnson's grandson has none of his musical
talent and doesn't understand the subtle freedom from religion message
that runs through Robert's lyrics.

I liked your points about life's "answers".  I am comfortable with the
idea that using "life" and "meaning" is just a linguistic error.  My
life has the meaning I create for it.  It takes work but like home
cooking over ready-made fast food, it is much more satisfying.