bob_brigante wrote:
> <snip>
>
> ***********
>
> TM is a profound reducer of stress because, unlike other meditation
> techniques, it actually expands awareness. This expansion of
> awareness means that the individual is not so overwhelmed in
> activity, which is what stress is. Having a slug of whiskey or doing
> a meditation technique which only serves, like alcohol, to only make
> the mind dull, may seem to offer some temporary relief from stress,
> but only expansion of awareness can truly make life stress-free.

No, most meditation techniques also expand awareness.  Indians would
think that you are joking if just meditating on the common bij aksharas
or a common Saraswati mantra is anything special.  I'm not saying that
TM is bad it is not just as special as folks might believe.
> As far as Ayurveda, the mapi.com site offers many suggestions for
> people in different climes and different seasons.
And so do other ayurvedic pratitioners like Dr. Lad.  At least the
consultants for MAPI forbade MMY from re-inventing Ayurveda and wisely so.