In a message dated 7/13/07 12:09:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Whether  the founding fathers were christians or hindus is not
relevant. You don't  look at the walls of buildings to determine the
founding fathers' views of  gov't and religion, you read the
constitution and bill of rights which  makes it perfectly clear that
they intended this country to be a haven for  freedom of religious
practice.

But it does me no injury for my  neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no god. It neither picks my pocket  nor breaks my leg.
-- Thomas Jefferson

I have no argument against this. I agree. But it is not a government  founded
on secularism and freedom from religion. Had the population of the  colonies
been from the middle east and Islamic we would all probably be living  under
Shirria Law. But they weren't. Our founding fathers were overwhelmingly
Christians of various denominations and our laws and culture reflected  that.