--- In [email protected], "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@> 
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [email protected], "Rick Archer" <rick@> 
wrote:
> > Him:
> > > No, I don't have time to clarify my position right now but you 
> > might
> > > remember that I don't doubt the notion of continuous 
witnessing 
> > (in fact,
> > > I've had very long stretches of it) nor even of "celestial 
> vision/ 
> > god
> > > consciousness" (though it is defined and described variously); 
> > it's just
> > > that direct experiences has taught me that these experiences 
are 
> > not very
> > > valuable.  I don't call these states enlightenment, thought 
they 
> > DO fit
> > > the Hindu model of what the term (in it's various forms: bodhi,
> > > jivanmukta, brahmavidya, etc.) means.  
> > 
> > This reminds me of what Rory said a few posts back about CC, GC 
and 
> > UC being transitory states. I remember distinctly "peaking" on 
GC 
> > experiences; seeing angels, Deities, Galactic visions away from 
> > earth, Guru Dev, blah, blah, blah, and through it all, I was 
> > definitely NOT enlightened. 
> > 
> > My vision was certainly clear, and this  skill I picked up by 
> > practicing siddhis has stayed with me, but just because I could 
see 
> > such things, and dwell in both Heaven and Hell didn't mean that 
I 
> > had achieved my eternal freedom, Self Realization, or 
enlightenment 
> > yet.:-)
> 
> Yes, I have found as long as "I" am claiming C.C., G.C., or U.C., 
> and "Brahman" has not yet claimed "me," I am not fully liberated, 
and 
> am still attached or bound to experience. 
> 
> Along these same lines, when you were asking about how we fall 
into 
> ignorance, I find that consciousness *constantly* collapses into 
the 
> particle, to experience the effect of our causative and innocent 
> thought as a created being, to enter into the world of our own 
> making. If the consciousness *believes* the particle-experience, 
or 
> is caught in a given belief, it identifies with the concreteness 
of 
> the effect and forgets the subtle simplicity of its own cause; it 
> finds the bindu to be binding, and experiences the ignorance of 
the 
> particle, or more accurately the particle's ignorance of the 
freedom 
> of ourself, of That-Self. 
> 
> When we remember "Oh, yes, this particle-experience is not me; it 
is 
> only one infinitesimal particle in the emptiful, Indefinable, 
> Ungraspable That-Self," then Brahman remembers itself, and acts as 
> the "Cosmic Consciousness" of the particle -- and so on, as 
described 
> earlier :-)
>
Hi Rory- yeah, but the diff in Brahman is that consciousness 
concentrates into the particle, but doesn't really collapse into it- 
in my experience, it remains 'springy' so that the concentration 
within the particle even feels temporary and playful- same with any 
focus during thought or activity. So the senses themselves are 
harnessed by Brahman, if we can say such a thing. So the senses and 
the overall experience is so much more intense, and yet, it is all 
ephemeral, like clouds or sunlight.:-)





Reply via email to