---Dissatisfied with TM? No problem.  Access
http://www.arunachala.org
and buy some of the audios and the DVD "Sage of Arunachala". Get the
Veda Parayana audio tape. Very powerful - has the Rudram. Play the
audios once in a while and you'll get all the benefits you need to
make it to 2017 (date I'm predicting for the end of civilization as
we know it: 90% of the earth's population wiped out by a metereorite).

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> is to admit , acknowledge and then take action., Looks like steps 1
> and 2 are done. Looks like step three (action) is in your post.
> Congrats on a job well done. Tom"
>
> Edg:  Thanks, Tom, and everyone else too for encouraging me.  I may
> not meditate, now, but I may start again -- if anything, it gets me
> quieter and from there maybe I can do Advaita's self inquiry with
less
> distractions -- something like that, but without a "Holy Tradition"
> behind it, creating my own "mix" of techniques is going to take a
bit
> more clarity than I have now, methinks, if such a "program" is to be
> successful in the ways I would like -- namely: improvement of my
> mind's contents in terms of the kinds of POV's I CHOOSE to assume.
>
> "CHOOSE" means I sometimes have enough arm's length from a POV to
have
> "side thoughts" that advise me that my POV is, as all of them are,
> parochial and untrue from most other POVs, and thus, I am
identifying
> with point values only, not unboundedness, but nonetheless, even
with
> my side thoughts, there I am indulging in the POV of the moment as
if
> it's hot off the ritam grill.  I have come to so dislike this
> "suckering into belief" by my nervous system as it effortlessly
> captures my identity.  Small choice in rotten apples, but there I am
> slurping even the goo at the bottom of the barrel.  "Slurping" means
> having fun like a hog -- face immersed into the slop, inner eye
> closed, grunting with delight.  Nice while it lasts, but it sucks
when
> it ends.
>
> Oh, I believe most of the SCI axioms.  I teach them today to my
> grandchildren.  And, I believe TM gets one to that gap between ego
and
> the Absolute, and that's a good thing, but for me to think that that
> practice of hanging out with the subtleties will quickly,
> effortlessly, spontaneously change my "noisy surface" personality
for
> the better would be for me to deny all my experiences.
>
> I remember when someone told me that Charlie Lutes had said that
the 5
> - 8 year promise was bogus for most of us and that it would take at
> least several lifetimes.  Man, I hated Charlie for that -- yet now,
it
> seems to be one of the few things he ever said that was true.
>
> Now, when I think, "hey, only a few lifetimes and I'll make it all
the
> way," I say, "Well, I'll just be like India."
>
> India?  Yeah, when Maharishi was asked why India, with all its
saints
> and pure knowledge, was so fucked up, he said, "India has been so
pure
> for so long, India can take some time off."  Something like that.
He
> giggled as he said it.  So I'm taking some time off.  Just gliding
on
> my supposed past merits.
>
> When I see how little in my life has been deep instead of my normal
> surface-shit-house-rat-panic-thinking, I get depressed and "why
> bother" is a strong dynamic in my response.  29 years and what did I
> get?  Don't ask me.  I can pretend I have a wider ken, a bigger
> compassion, a stronger resolve, whatever, and it may all be true,
but
> that and a nickle gets me a ride on the Staten Island Ferry in
1963.

> Today, I'm thinking NOTHING gets me happy -- can't fool me
with "this"
> when I have a hunger for "I AM THAT."  I'm smarter than most folks,
> but there's millions smarter and more passionate about ANYTHING
than I
> am, and they're as miserable as me.  So fuck the intellect for a
tool
> for happiness. And, there's folks out there with hearts the size of
> watermelons who can't get two friends to stop fighting, so who can
> invest merely in "being loving?"  And on and on, no qualities of the
> relative personality can guarantee anything -- one gets what one has
> got coming.  I'm quite a wonderful person, by most standards, but
> remember that Shakespeare ended the "what a piece of work is man"
> soliloquy with "Why it appears no other thing to me than a foul and
> pestilent congregation of vapors."
>
> And with what karma I got, hey, the TMO won't be making me the
poster
> boy for TM.  I feel like a "bad little boy who crawled up on my
> father's lap so that when Dad finds out about the broken window, he
> won't be able to get all his weight behind the first swat on my
ass."
>  I cannot gainsay what's happened to me -- it is very clear that my
> personality needs the kind of shit I've endured to get its act
> together.  Karma is yagya, right?  It's all good.
>
> Oh, yeah, my life would be much better if I just shitcanned the
> depression, rolled up my sleeves, put out some productivity,
> volunteered at the local homeless shelter, wrote the poetry I'm
> capable of, sang louder in the congregation, whatever, and yeah, I'm
> doing that to some degree -- hell, I dance in the streets on my
Trikke