Reminded me of a joke:

A Jewish grandmother and her grandson are at the
beach. The grandmother is sitting on a blanket on the
sand, watching the boy play in the water. Suddenly, a
huge wave appears from nowhere and crashes directly
over the spot where the boy is wading. The water
recedes and the boy is no longer there. The
grandmother holds her hands to the sky and cries out,
"Lord, how could you?"

"Haven't I lived a religious life?"
"Haven't I been a devoted grandmother?"
"Haven't I been a devoted mother?"
"Haven't I kept a kosher home?"
"Haven't I lit candles every Friday night?"
"Haven't I given to B'nai B'rith?"
"Haven't I given to Hadassah?

A voice booms from the sky, "All right! All right!" A
few moments later, another huge wave appears out of
nowhere and crashes on the beach. As the water
recedes, the boy is standing there, smiling and
splashing around, as if nothing had ever happened. The
voice booms again. "I have returned your grandson to
you. Are you satisfied?"

"He had a hat."