Hi ,

>about utf-8 in sql server :

>i don't have a god soulation  for you but i see :

>In utf-8 the farsi or other langueg (no Latin) save in 2 byte  (say in this document) and latin in one byte

>i use mysql , but no differnt, save farsi in 2 byte . I take my farsi field doubel

> I think no have a problem.

I did know these. The problem is when a field is defined nvarchar in SQL Server the DBMS will store 2 bytes for each character. For example nvarchar(100) will get 200 bytes space in disk if it a 100 bytes unicode string is saved in this field. If I directly store UTF8 in nvarchar field it will again get double space . So if you think for a moment you will see 2 * 2 = 4 and I have get 4 bytes to store only one character. And it is very inefficient in both storage space and speed of process in large databases .