Hi

   I am going to implement a website based on UTF8 charset. When I tried
to use SQL Server as my DBMS I found that when I save a UTF8 string
to a nvarchar type in my table it will allocate as long as the length of UTF8 string.

So I will need to set length of strings in my table double of my string maximum length.
I know I must save unicode (not UTF8) in nvarchar fields. But I think if I do this I must
perform a conversion both in saving and retrieval time between unicode and UTF8.

   Is there any better solution for this problem ?

thanks
Jalal Abedinejad